I realized tonight as we were dying eggs
that I have neglected to include a HUGE family tradition in my weekly menu! We will NOT be having cold cereal for breakfast tomorrow (as previously posted on the menu) instead we will be having :
Eggs a la Goldenrod
Basically this is a cream sauce with the whites of the hard boiled eggs cut up into it, this is poured over slices of toast(or toast cups if you are feeling adventurous) and topped with the yolks which have been grated.
I don't know of any other family that eats this, but my mom has been making this every Easter that I can remember. I think the best part is that the "whites" of the eggs are not so white anymore, after going through the dying process with young kids. You've got to love technicolored food!
FYI- Xander couldn't get enough and kept asking to dye more eggs, even though he will later refuse to eat them.
Imogene dyed most of her eggs in pink, when she was forced to give it up, she only wanted the other "girlie" colors: purple and red
MiMi was supposed to be sleeping, but spent most of the time crying, as it was past bed time and she was not at home (she was much happier during dinner, when she managed to get popsicle and pink frosting into her ponytail, causing it to stand straight up)

No comments:
Post a Comment